Saturday, April 23, 2005

Answers for Sarah

1. What do you like best about yourself? (Feel free to make a long, train of thought list)
I think I'm pretty smart. I'm getting more confident. I'm honest. I'm usually pretty nice. I'm nerdy. I can sometimes make other people feel better by giving them someone to talk to.

2. If you hadn't gotten involved in athletic training, what do you think your present/future would be like?
I honestly don't know. Athletic Training has been a part of my life for so long that I don't know what I would be doing now.

I guess if I hadn't discovered athletic training at age 12, I would probably be majoring in History. I might not have chosen the college that I did. I might not have ever met my friends. I wouldn't have my godparents in my life. I might have had a social life in high school and I might have dated during that time. I think my life would have been much different because athletic training takes up so much of my life.

3. What characteristics make people attractive to you? ("Characteristics" being not just physical but personal attributes, and "people" being friends, partners, blogs you read, people you meet on the street...)
Well, I'll go through systematically.

Physically
Physically? I have a tendency towards being attracted to dark haired guys. I didn't realize it until I took the Match.com Physical Attraction test, but now that I've actually started paying attention I realize that it is true. I am attracted to lots of guys that are different looking, but for the most part, about 80% of the guys I'm attracted to have dark hair. I don't care about eye color, it has never mattered to me. I like tall guys, but for me, tall starts at about 5'7" (much to the chagrin of my mother). I like nice smiles, but nice smile for me does not mean perfect teeth. I like smiles that have personality.

Personally
I'm interested in guys who are nice, funny, hard-working, loyal, smart and genuine. I don't want someone who is pretending to be someone else to be with me. I want someone who actually is all of those things.

Friends
When I make friends, I look for people that have good senses of humor, are easy to talk to, have something in common with me (even if it's something as silly as having the same hometown), are patient and are willing to stand up for what they believe in.

Partners
Do you mean like lab partners or romantically? In partners for projects, I look for nice, hard-working, intelligent people who are going to carry their part of the load. Romantically, I look for nice, smart, hard-working and funny people. It's nice if they're tall and cute too, because I am very tiny.

Blogs
When I start reading a blog, I am looking for a nice writing style and sense of humor. I like being entertained and I hate reading blogs full of typos and ridiculous errors, unless it is being done to mock people who actually do write like that. I hate reading blogs full of:

OMG. did i tell u? im about to meat my boyfreind. weve be chattin online 4ever. hes sooooooo kewl. i luv him. ttyl.

If I am looking at blogs and I find one that is full of writting like that, but serious, I will click away and look for something else as soon as possible because that gives me a headache.

People I meet on the street
I'm not usually attracted to random people on the street. I'm pretty shy and don't approach people easily. I suppose if someone on the street was attracted to me, I might be attracted by them if they let me know and I had an opportunity to see their true personality. I don't really know about this one.

4. What do you want to get out of your semester in Scotland?
I want to grow as a person and experience life away from my safety net. I want a chance to explore a new place and get to know myself before. I hope to learn a lot about language, culture and history while I'm there.

5. What's your favorite book that's not written by Jane Austen?
To re-state my original response: "What? There are books written by people other than Jane Austen? Where have I been since 1818?"

But seriously, I love a lot of books. I loved "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The ABC Murders." I loved "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons." I loved "To Kill A Mockingbird." I loved "The Westing Game." I loved "One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night." I love most of the Shakespeare that I've read (poetry and Hamlet being the exceptions), I adore "King Henry V," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "Twelfth Night" and of course, the Scottish play. ;)

I would have to say that "The Westing Game" is my favorite non-Austen book.