Monday, December 06, 2004

100 Things About Me

Here they are, in no particular order:

  1. I am female.
  2. Alfie is not my real name.
  3. Alfie is a nickname that my older sister gave me when I was fourteen, she said I looked like ALF when I was angry.
  4. It’s one of the few nicknames people have given my that has ever stuck.
  5. I try to avoid using my real name online, but Sarah keeps switching between Alfie and my real name, so it isn’t as private as I would like.
  6. I am in a sorority.
  7. I have both an analog and digital watch: the digital watch is for everyday use, the analog watch is for occasions when I dress up.
  8. I like analog watches, but I can’t sleep with an analog watch on my arm or an analog clock in my room, the ticking makes me crazy.
  9. I have been told that I am the best singer in my family....
  10. ....but it isn’t really much of a competition.
  11. I would love to perform in a huge musical someday....
  12. ....but I have horrible stage fright.
  13. My favorite color is blue.
  14. I named my car after an actor, CiarĂ¡n Hinds.
  15. I went through several other names, including Damian because my car appeared to be possessed.
  16. I can’t drive without my contacts....
  17. ....vision isn’t as sharp with my glasses and I hate not having peripheral vision.
  18. I am pretty much blind without my contacts or glasses.
  19. I am the shortest person in my immediate family.
  20. I love hockey more than any other sport....
  21. ....but football is a very close second.
  22. The only Summer Olympic sports I really watch are the gymnastics and swimming events.
  23. I watch more sports during the Winter Olympics, because I can watch hockey, curling, skiing, speed skating and figure skating.
  24. My favorite flowers are sunflowers.
  25. I am convinced that I could read when I was about three and just pretended that I couldn’t so that my parents would read to me.
  26. My dad used to read the Boxcar Children books to me every night before I went to bed, until I decided that was moving to slow and I started reading the books during the day.
  27. I am really messy....
  28. ....but occasionally I go on cleaning binges.
  29. Until I took the Match.com Physical Attraction Test, I didn’t know what kind of guys I was attracted to.
  30. Looking back, the results made a lot of sense.
  31. My favorite movie when I was two was “The Sound of Music.”
  32. My mom says I used to sit there and shiver during the wedding scene....
  33. ....I don’t remember having a very long attention span back then, so making it through that movie is pretty impressive.
  34. Captain Von Trapp might be part of the reason for #29, Christopher Plummer fit most of the requirements.
  35. I have never seen Titanic all the way through....
  36. ....but I have seen Scarface, which I hated.
  37. I was a fan of Cujo long before he came to Detroit....
  38. ....I have a poster of him in his Toronto Maple Leaf uniform from my senior year Spring Break....
  39. ....my roommate bought me a framed poster of him as a Red Wing for my twentieth birthday.
  40. July 20, 2001 was the best day of my life so far....
  41. ....that was the day I met John Hannah and Tom Wilkinson....
  42. ....it was a 17th birthday present of sorts from my sister....
  43. ....I met Neil Dudgeon the next day.
  44. One of my favorite books is “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
  45. I love learning about the Red Baron....not the pizza one or the Snoopy one.
  46. I like watching the History Channel and the Discovery Channel....
  47. ....but I can only watch them at school because my family doesn’t have cable.
  48. I have been trying to become more confident....
  49. ....I think it’s starting to work.
  50. I am very protective of my family and friends.
  51. I hate sitting in the front row of classrooms because the teacher calls on you all the time if you sit there.
  52. I hate sitting in the back row of classrooms because I am short and can’t see over the people in front of me.
  53. I like sitting in the middle of classrooms because I will still get called on, but not for every question and I can see.
  54. I love weddings (see #32).
  55. My roommate is currently planning her wedding, so I offer to help her get organized....
  56. ....it’s like the blind leading the blind.
  57. Neither of us has a sense of direction either....
  58. ....we got lost driving to my best friend’s (one of my best friends) house last Christmas.
  59. I graduated 83rd out of 483 people in my high school graduating class.
  60. I want to visit Scotland, the Czech Republic, Russia, Ireland and many other countries.
  61. I want to go back to England, Canada, Monaco, France and Germany.
  62. I have never had a positive experience on an airplane.
  63. I am afraid of heights....
  64. ....I start to panic if I my feet are more than two feet above the ground, even if I am standing in the middle of a very wide platform, I’m convinced I’ll fall off.
  65. I always read the away messages of the people on my AIM Buddy List in case there is something I need to know....
  66. I check my e-mail frequently.
  67. The first blog I usually check to see if it has been updated is Sarah’s.
  68. I was almost held back in preschool, my teacher didn’t want to send me to kindergarten....
  69. ....because I couldn’t cut a straight line with scissors....
  70. ....my parents and other preschool teacher pointed out to her that keeping me back because of that would be crazy because I could already read and I would not handle repeating a year of preschool very well....
  71. ....I still suck with scissors. ;P
  72. In high school, I was a member of the Asian Pacific Educational Exchange (APEX)....
  73. ....I'm not Asian....
  74. because of this I was named an honorary Asian....
  75. because of that, my sister calls me a fasian (fake Asian), which is pronounced similarly to the pronounciation of a disease of the brain.
  76. I can’t sit next to Sarah at church services or public gatherings because she writes me notes the entire time and makes me laugh....
  77. ....but I always do.....
  78. ....if she's not there, I can usually behave myself.
  79. The song ‘All or Nothing’ by O-Town is my special song with all of my friends....
  80. ....for some reason it comes on the radio every time we’re in a car together, and we’re required to sing along at the top of our lungs (and off-key).
  81. I have won games of pool....
  82. ....but never on purpose, I always win when I deliberately try to screw up a shot because I know I have no chance of making it.
  83. I hate clowns, when I was seven, my family went to a circus and Sarah shoved me in the way of a clown so that she wouldn't have to speak to it or anything.
  84. Chances are, if you see me while I’m in my car, I am either singing along with the radio, or pretending not to sing along with the radio....
  85. ....unless the window is open, in which case, I am definitely not singing.
  86. I rarely wear makeup because I never have time to put it on.
  87. I've started wearing it more frequently now than I used to.
  88. I love plaid.
  89. I had never seen Adult Swim until Sarah and Mike got me to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force....
  90. ....now I watch it almost every Sunday.
  91. I love ice cream sandwiches.
  92. I love mint-flavored food and drink.
  93. I speak, read and write French very badly.
  94. I quit taking French partly because my French professor called me Sarah every single day, but also because I was bored with it.
  95. I am a horrible dancer....
  96. ....but I do it all the time anyway.
  97. The most famous American I’ve ever met is probably Kyle Cease, who played Bogey Lowenstein in 10 Things I Hate About You....
  98. ....I hugged him.
  99. I have really clear handwriting, my cursive leaves a lot to be desired.
  100. I drink milk all the time.