Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The News

Yesterday, I decided to go to the speaker at the Dow. I had thought about it for a long time and in the end decided it was a good idea.

There was actually more than one speaker. So I got to listen to a talk by Dan Dickerson, Bob Cluck, Jeremy Bonderman, Craig Monroe, Gary Knotts, Jason Johnson, Kirk Gibson and Lance Parrish. As in the Detroit Tigers. And their announcer. And coaches. Two of whom have won the World Series. W00t!

It was awesome. It was really interesting to listen to them talk about their childhoods and the goals they had set and how they had gone about achieving those goals.

It was also hilarious to see Kirk Gibson wearing a baseball cap from my school's baseball team, which he later covered up when he was given a red ski cap that said the name of the local high school on it. I got a picture of it. It was sweet.