Friday, July 11, 2003

"I get by with a little help from my friends...."

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?
My first best friend was Galen. Our moms were friends, and our older siblings had been "engaged." I've known him basically since I was born. When I was two and a half, I proposed to him and he accepted. The minister at my church put a wrench in things by announcing that he would not paint the church purple for our wedding.

2. Are you still in touch with this person?
When we were five, we went to different elementary schools. We ended up at the same middle school but he transferred part way through. We ended up at the same high school. We didn't have too much contact until senior year, when we were put into the same Government class. We would talk occasionally. Last June, we invited each other to our graduation parties. I went to his where I got the entertainment of seeing his brother call my sister "Jill." When he came to my party, he showed up towards the end, when I no longer had to run around trying to entertain all of the people there, so we sat down and talked for an hour.

3. Do you have a current close friend?
At school, I would have to say that my closest female friends are Becky and Megan. Male friend? Probably Joel.

4. How did you become friends with this person?
I became friends with Megan a little way through the first semester of college. She was my next-door neighbor, freshman year. I was at dinner with her roommate and we were talking about interests. I told her about my love of British and Scottish actors. She told me that she thought Megan had some of the movies I'd mentioned liking with said actors. Later I went next-door and we started watching movies and hanging out together. She taught me how to golf (I am a really bad golfer.) and I helped Joel teach her how to create her blog. We're going to a Tigers' game on Sunday.

Becky lived down the hall from me freshman year. We were in the same biology class so we would sometimes eat breakfast together before we went to class. After I got back from France with my freshman seminar, the EXRs made their announcement and Becky became my roommate. We hang out together, talk, watch movies, and try and make sure that the other doesn't get any sleep by waiting until they are almost asleep and starting to talk to them again. :) We get along really well and we decided to continue being roommates.

I met Joel the day we started having our Freshman Seminar. I got to know him better when we went to France because we kept ending up in the same groups. I got to know him better after Becky and I became roommates because they were friends from their Econ class. We watched the Super Bowl in his room as well as the Red Wings during the Stanley Cup playoffs. We would invite him to eat meals with us and watch movies with us. He would help us with computer problems.

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?
There are a few. I would like to get back in contact with Amy, Lizzie, Alexis and Halley. I would like to have more contact with them because at one point, each of them was my best friend.