Friday, November 02, 2007

Musicals Quiz VII

It's back! The rules are pretty much the same as usual. Song title and musical in the comments, if you provide the character that sings the line, you get imaginary bonus points. Hurray for imaginary bonus points!

*1. "When the world is saying not to, by God, you know you've got to march on, boys."
(Percy & his men, "Into the Fire," The Scarlet Pimpernel)
[+3 for mommy]

*2. "....Where the rose and the jasmine mingle...."
(The Caliph, "Night of My Nights," Kismet)
[+2 for srah, +1 for mommy]

*3. "You can have all you ever wanted...."
(Galinda/Glinda, "Defying Gravity," Wicked)
[+3 for srah]
4. "If my heart could beat, it would break my chest...."
(Spike, "Rest in Peace," Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling)
[+5 for Amy]
5. "And in no time, you'll be singing 'Home, Sweet Home....'"
(___________, "Bon Voyage," Anything Goes)
[+2 for Aunt Pam]
6. "Oh, we knew we could lose...."
7. "I see a light inside."
(Frederic, "Hush, Hush! Not a Word," The Pirates of Penzance)
[+2 for srah, +1 for mommy]

8. "Life is thrilling as can be...."
(Uncle Honoré, "It's a Bore," Gigi)
[+5 for srah]
9. "Whenever I'm, from time to time, depressed...."
(_____________, "Those Were The Good Old Days," Damn Yankees)
[+2 for Aunt Pam]
10. "Move them feet...."
(Miss Hannigan, Rooster and Lily St. Regis, "Easy Street," Annie)
[+5 for mommy]
11. "I do all the good I can...."
12. "My purse has yet to know a silver lining...."
(Bill Calhoun as Lucentio, "Tom, Dick or Harry," Kiss Me Kate)
[+1 for Aunt Pam, +2 for srah]
13. "Now through the smoke, she calls to me, to make my way across the flames...."
(Buffy, "Walk Through the Fire," Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling)
[+5 for Amy]
14. "Say that it is and you're dead!"
(Tommy Keeler and Winnie Tate, "Who Do You Love, I Hope," Annie Get Your Gun)
[+5 for Elisabeth]
15. "....Now everything is you...."
*16. "I'm getting tired of this masquerade...."
(Rochester/Gypsy, "The Gypsy," Jane Eyre)
[+3 for Aunt Pam]


*****BONUS*****
The trick for the bonus is that each of these songs is from a musical that is also located in the main section. Two of these songs are from the same musical as one of the above. One of these is even from the same song....can you figure it out?

- "I believed I had a choice till the music in her voice turned my whole world around...."
(Percy, "She Was There," The Scarlet Pimpernel)
[+5 for mommy]

- "Don't you see, can't you feel it?"
(___________, "I Do, I Do, I Do," Mamma Mia!)
[+2 for srah]
- "I've got the question, I've had it for days...."
- "I'm good by day and I'm good by night...."
(Reno, "Blow, Gabriel, Blow," Anything Goes)
[+5 for Amy]
- "Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?"
- "For your foes are fierce and ruthless...."
(Major Stanley's Daughters, "When the Foeman Bares his Steel," The Pirates of Penzance)
[+5 for mommy]


UPDATE: I just realized this, but #4 and #13 are from the same musical. Have fun!

UPDATE: Scoring as it stands:

mommy - 20
srah - 16
Amy - 15
Aunt Pam - 8
Elisabeth - 5

I'm color-coding for my own organizational purposes, if you feel that you should be represented by another color, tell me which in the comments....

UPDATE #3: The ones that are only worth 3 points even if you do provide all the information (because this is the first quiz they've been on, only the ones that people have failed to get on previous quizzes are now worth 5 points) now have asterisks in front of them - there are only four.