Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"Liveblogging" American Idol

8:07 - I pretty much missed Melinda's performance. Luckily, we get TWO songs tonight.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK #1)

Blake Lewis singing "You Should Be Dancin'"

8:13 - Hi, Barry Gibb!
8:14 - Blake's outfit looks like a weird military uniform.
8:15 - Whatever, judges, it's the freaking BEE-GEES.

LaKisha Jones singing "Stayin' Live"

8:17 - Barry Gibb can still do the falsetto.
8:18 - I learned the words to this song by watching "Airplane!" with the subtitles on.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK #2)

Jordin Sparks singing "To Love Somebody"

8:27 - I personally feel that Clay Aiken put more emotion into this song.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK #3)

Melinda Doolittle singing "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart"

8:37 - I liked it.

Blake Lewis singing "This Is Where I Came In"

8:40 - Nice.
8:41 - Shut up, Randy.
8:42 - I want to pat his head.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK #4)

8:47 - Hi, Judge Judy!

LaKisha Jones singing "Run To Me"

8:50 - I think I saw Judge Judy swaying. It was good.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK #5)

Jordin Sparks singing "Woman In Love"

8:57 - Eh. I guess it's pretty good, but I'm not terribly moved.