Tuesday, May 11, 2004

"They come over here to take their third year and lap up a little culture..."*

Ok, so I'm not spending my third year abroad. I'm planning on spending the first half of my fourth year of college abroad. I know that I've said I can't believe how far I am in college. My mother and I have even had a discussion about this, but I was just sitting here and it hit me:

I'm half way through college already.

I just can't believe that the next time I see a lot of my friends, we'll all be in our twenties, with a few exceptions, the most noteable being Joe, who only a few months ago passed the threshold into his final teenage year. I'm sitting here realizing that I'm moving through college much faster than it feels like I should be. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in middle school. It just feels weird thinking that I'm going to be older than about half of the other students at school when I go back in August. Although, when I'm old, all I have to do is think of my roommate, who everyone thinks is a senior because she's already twenty-one and she's engaged.

*Do you know? Feel free to leave it in the comments when I get them fixed and put back in place.