Saturday, May 22, 2004

Seriously, I knew it was going to end up being there

On Friday, the sky in Ann Arbor was a lovely green color. There were no tornado sirens going off, but I made Carla go into the basement anyway, just to be on the safe side. I had my cell phone, so I could check in with family members and let them know that we were safe. After we came upstairs, I set my cell phone down. I have spent the last twenty-eight hours or so trying to figure out where the heck I put my cell phone. I checked my car, even though I knew it had to be in the house. I repeatedly tried to call my cell phone figuring I could find it by listening for the ringing, because I knew that it was on and in normal ringing mode when I had last used it. Finally, after everything else, I gave up and looked underneath the couch cushions....where I found my cell phone. Off.