Friday, April 09, 2004

Because I am at heart, a realist

I know that the Tigers are currently 4-0. I was having a discussion with the best friend (the Yankees fan, not the hockey-obsessed or roommate one) today during which she pointed out that the Tigers might be doing well right now, but they would start sucking later. I know that this may not last. Four wins at the beginning of the season does not mean a World Series Championship. But if you're a Detroit fan, you've put up with so much crap, that I think we deserve the opportunity to rub it in the faces of the Yankees fans who taunted us all along because their team has so many big name players, that, hey, we may not have Jeter or A-Rod or any of their big name players, but at least we didn't start the 2004 season with a record of 2-2. Besides, even if things do go downhill from here, I'd rather cheer for a losing Tigers team than a winning Yankees team anyway.

P.S. I'll try to decrease the number of baseball posts. I just really want to go to a baseball game right now, and I'm always busy when Albion is playing.