Saturday, August 09, 2003

Five Questions

A meme from Srah.

Wanna play along?

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are the Five Questions she asked me:
1. What's your personal philosophy?
I really don't know. I guess that my philosophy is to work hard and try to be the best person that I can be. I want to influence people in a positive way in the hopes that one day they will influence others in a positive way, hopefully making the world a better place to live.

2. If you could take the place of any fictional character, who would it be? Why? (Perhaps this should be phrased "Why do you want to be Elizabeth Bennett?")
Methinks she knows me a wee bit too well.

If I chose Elizabeth Bennet, it would be so that I could get Mr. Darcy, my favorite character in Jane Austen. In film, he has been played by Laurence Olivier and Colin Firth. Yum.

Although, I remember having a Jane Austen film festival with a few of my friends the summer after high school and somehow we each chose our love from the works of Jane Austen. Surair snapped up Mr. Darcy (grrr), Anisha called Edmund Bertram, I chose Colonel Brandon mostly for the fact that in the movie, he is played by Alan Rickman.

I would also want to be Anne of Green Gables so that I could have Gilbert Blythe and any female character in Harry Potter so that I could at last live out my dream of being in Harry Potter so that I could hang out with Ron, Harry, Lupin, Oliver, Neville and the entire Weasley fam.

3. What are your biggest concerns about returning to Albion in the fall?
I'm nervous about training again after my year-off last year. I'm concerned because people always tell me that sophomore year is really hard. I'm scared that I'll lose some of the friendships I made last year because I won't live just a few doors down from them and be able to see them all the time anymore.

4. What are you most looking forward to this year?
I'm looking forward to my work with the sports teams at school and to my larger role in ISU, but I think the thing I'm most looking forward too is seeing my friends again.

5. What would you do if you had $1,000,000 (no saving/investing)?
I'd travel to some places that I had never been, give money to charity and pay for school.