Wednesday, February 12, 2003

We live rich lives of fantasy

Today at lunch, Heather and I were discussing how horrified Betsy looked when when we told her that at the Be My Valentine auction, we had purchased her a date rather than the flavored water she had asked us to pick up at the Eat Shop while we were at the Kellogg Center. Betsy told us today that she had not believed Heather when she walked in the door and told her, but when she looked at me, she was no longer sure. She actually believed me when I agreed with Heather so she kind of started panicking. So today at lunch, I got them to nominate me for an Academy Award. They agreed and Heather asked me to tell her "husband" Heath Ledger to get back to her right now. We spent the rest of lunch coming up with an outline for Heather's household.

Husband: Heath Ledger
Children: Heath Jr., Heathen, and Heart
Dogs: Muffy (Black French poodle) and Puffy
Chauffeur: Brad Pitt
Butler: Brendan Fehr
Gardener: Viggo Mortensen
Dog Groomer: Nick Wechsler
Pool Boy: Mark McGrath of "Sugar Ray"
Maincurist: Vern Yip from Trading Spaces
Stylist: Richard Gere
Bodyguard: Kim De Lury
Chef: Tom Cruise

Like I said, we have rich imaginations.