Sunday, September 22, 2002

Get away from me, Henry Churches

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of Enrique Iglesias' songs? They are wonderful, if you don't mind the fact that the lyrics seem clingy or like the person is stalking you. I went to these two sites to make sure I had the lyrics right. I did not look at all of his songs, only the ones that I knew had these phrases in them and the ones that weren't in Spanish. I also randomly looked through a few that I had never listened to before. Here are some wonderful examples of why Enrique Iglesias scares me:

Rhythm Divine
From the coast of Ipanema
To the island of Capri
All the way to Kuala Lumpur
I will follow you wherever you may be
From the moment I first saw you
Knew my heart could not be free
Have to hold you in my arms now
There can never be another for me

Bailamos
Tonight I'm yours
We can make it happen I'm so sure
I won't let it go
There is something I think you should know

I won't be leaving your side
We're going to dance through the night
I want to reach for the stars.

I Have Always Loved You
If I could live it all again
I'd never let it end, I'd still be with you

Be With You
And I'm all alone
Don't let me die
I'm losing my mind
Baby just give me a sign
And now that you're gone
I just wanna be with you
And I can't go on
I wanna be with you

I'm Your Man
I won't give up,
I won't let you down
I promise to always stand by your side

Sad Eyes
I know you think you'd never be mine
Well that's okay, baby, I don't mind
That shy smile's sweet, that's a fact
Go ahead,
I don't mind the act
Here you come all dressed up for a date
Well one more step and it'll be too late
Blue blue ribbon in your hair
Like you're so sure
I'll be standing there
Sad eyes never lie

Could I Have This Kiss Forever?
I want to hold you I want to be close to you
I never want to let go
I wish that this night would never end
I need to know

Hero
I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away


and finally, the one that led me to this realization....Yes, I do realize that some of these aren't very good examples, but oh well...the song that I am listening to right now...

Escape
If you feel like leaving
I'm not gonna make you stay
Soon you'll be finding
You can run, you can hide
But you can't escape my love
You can run, you can hide
But you can't escape my love